Notifications
Clear all

Do you think its possible to ever get your hormone levels right?  

sarahjcale
(@sarahjcale)
Member Admin

I was chatting to a friend the other day about what happens when we reach an age whereby the medical profession tell us that we no longer need HRT because we are now through the menopause. For example, I have a Mirena Coil which lasts five years. This will take me until I am 55. At that age, they are saying that I won't need another one. Well now do they know and won't I still be missing a hormone that has been in my body from puberty?

Topic starter Posted : 02/09/2020 8:01 pm
jllor2068
(@jllor2068)

Not sure on that one Sarah. Personally I feel that every person is different and the medical profession need to get their head around that. They are very good at lumping us all into categories based on 'what should be' and not what the reality for each individual lady is. Groups like this will hopefully raise awareness of the need for the medical profession to be more equipped to deal with and understand what we go through and how one thing can affect so much more in our lives. They need to listen, understand and advise based on what we say we are feeling, not which group we fall into. Until that time then I guess it's down to us to keep calling for help, sharing our experiences and triumphs and supporting our struggles. So if at 55 your body isnt ready to cope without, demand to be heard and don't stop until you are, because we no longer have to shut up and put up when it comes to women's health and wellbeing 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2020 9:35 pm
sarahjcale
(@sarahjcale)
Member Admin

I totally agree with you. It's like the whole one size doesn't fit all yet it appears for it to be easier and less time consuming for us all to be put on the same medication. I am also confused over the whole testosterone situation. Private menopause doctors are telling us that its good for us, yet I have recently heard by a medical professional in America that it is very difficult to control in women and therefore the initial buzz you get when you are first prescribed could end up just becoming a placebo effect.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/09/2020 12:10 pm
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This